unicode/xml bar brawl: no injuries/no arrestsjohn dowdell's blog entry Unicode/XML warning was actually resolved amicably, mainly in favor of XML (markup/tags win out over by-the-book char encoding):
- unicode's line and paragraph separator are now discouraged, use markup tags instead.
- language tags should replace unicode language tag codepoints
- not that i care a whole lot but musical notation will be replaced by a yet another customized XML language
- the fraction slash is maintained, but may be handled better by the MathML markup language (yet another customized XML language)
- superscripts and subscripts are retained, but could be replaced by markup tags (could??, i can see this will be fun)